Sunday, December 20, 2009

Meet the Kids We'll be Working With: Caleb



I'd like to introduce you to some of the kids we'll be teaching when we go to SCH.  I'll be talking about them while we're there (hopefully!  I hope I can get internet access)  and it will be good for you to have an idea of who they are.

Caleb is 12 years old.  He has cerebral palsy and some speech issues.  He is incredibly determined and a very hard worker!  Caleb is enrolled in private school and though he began in a preK program, (because he had never been given the opportunity in his previous orphanage to get an education) he quickly moved into the first grade.

Here's some more of his story.   Click on the link and watch the video of him saying his alphabet.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall in love with this little boy!


No comments: