Wednesday, May 20, 2009

India Trip Fundraiser

Leslie's group is doing a buncha fundraisers and here's a cool one.

I'm unabashedly stealing her blog post, text and all because a) I'm too lazy to rewrite it myself and b) she did such a beautiful job plugging the CD's! oh, and c) because I think you're more likely to read the actual text right here than if I link you to her post.

So there.

Here it is.

Have you heard of a really cool award-winning storyteller named Jim Weiss? He's the guy who did some of the Harry Potter audio books. You may have heard him talking on NPR. Or maybe you've bought some of his audio CD's from his company, Greathall Productions.

Well, they have agreed to let us do a fundraiser for our upcoming trip to India. Remember how a group of us are planning to visit Sarah in January and build a playground for her kids? Yeah.. well, it's going to take some serious moolah. Just to get us over there... that doesn't include the playground.

For every CD that we sell at $15, we get to keep $4 of that to go directly into our India fund.

Not bad!

I really hope you all will look at the CD's and check out the samples online. You can view both HERE.

Seriously, this guy is amazing. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on a copy of Just-So Stories. Our summer will be packed with therapy treks to Dallas and this will be perfect to listen to in the car. I'm also planning on donating a few CD's to our local library, and saving some for our homeschool lessons.

If any of you are interested, please email me (Leslie) at recoveringnoah@yahoo.com and we'll sort out the details. Just let me know what you'd like to get and I'll send you our P.O. Box. If you are local, you can just give me the money or pass it on to someone from church.

This will be an ongoing fundraiser, but our first deadline is set for June 15th. Once the orders are complete, the CD's will be shipped via priority mail within 24-48 hours.

Thank you so much for considering this. We really appreciate it! Oh! And please pass the word. Seriously, blog it. Facebook it. Email it. Shout it from the roof tops. These CDs rock and every home needs at least one. Or ten. Or twenty. You decide. Just link them back to our Cornerstone India blog or this one right here.

And now back to me. I don't own any of these CDs, but I wish I did. They really are great and they are big in the homeschooling community. At least check them out. Your purchase will help to send our group to India and fund the playground project.

Please note: To participate in the fundraiser, you need to purchase the CD's from LESLIE, not from the Greathall website!

No comments: