Sunday, September 14, 2008

30 Days of Nothing: Day 13b--Garage Sale Find

My mom came over today and since she reads my blog, she brought me some coffee creamer.

Background you need to know: My mom is practically known by name at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Goodwill, St. Vinnie's....you get the picture. She is the consumate bargain shopper. It's what we did for fun, she and I, when I was a teenager. We'd come home, lay it all out on the couch for my stepfather and wow him with how much we had saved (we got $4 million worth of stuff for $37.50!)

So she brought me coffee creamer because she felt sorry for me, suffering and not able to buy any.

Isn't that sweet!?

I thanked her joyfully and took the creamer. It felt...a little sticky and half-full.

Jokingly, I asked, "Why is it not full? Did you get it at a garage sale?"

Actually, she did.









Luckily, it was her own garage sale last weekend. It was left over.

Hee hee.

Thanks, Mom!

Oh, BTW, I ate at work again today. There was a bowl of black bean chili that was poured and not needed and sat there about half an hour (yeah, I'm not one of those salmonella-paranoid people and I thaw my chicken on the counter, too!) I ate it. Except we're really not supposed to. So I paid for it. $3.

No comments: