Sunday, August 31, 2008

30 Days of Nothing Revisited





I promised to talk about this and I'm really out of time. It begins tomorrow!

What is the 30 Days of Nothing? Owlhaven explains it really well in her blog (click on the the 30 Days button to go there and follow along)

Basically, we won't be spending money on anything except essentials for the whole month of September. We'll also be reading through the book Material World as a family and doing some special projects to help us understand how priveleged we are to live in America. I post about those after we've completed them (I hate to promise an activity and then it doesn't work out...story of my life!)

So, some topics to explore during this month (some ideas I've stolen from Owlhaven!): Consumerism
Entitlement
Materialism
Impulse Shopping
Wants vs. Needs

and I'm sure I'll think of more.

Check out this blog for another perspective on this project.

No comments: