Friday, June 27, 2008

Today's Water Saving Tip


Don't shower!

I don't mean not ever! But if you don't have to, and you aren't stinky, skip a day! Think about how often they bathe in Europe and less developed countries! We Americans are way too clean!

So if you don't have to go anywhere and you haven't just had a full workout on your treadmill, skip it.

Let me tell you, this one is a total shoe-in for us moms with little kids! Raise your hand if you've ever not showered for 3 days. Slept in your clothes? Worn them again the next day? (Amanda and Leslie, you'd better be wavin' your hands!) See? I told you!

And hey, leave me a comment if you're playing along. Or just leave me a comment. I'm narcissitic. I like to hear that SOMEone is reading my blog.

2 comments:

Owlhaven said...

I use this tip more than I should!!

smile

Mary

Becky said...

I whole-heartedly agree that showering every day is wasteful. I'd say this even if I didn't have a 4 month old who refuses to be put down. (I think.....yeah I'm pretty sure)
As for wearing the same clothes for two days as well as sleeping in them, did you know you are also saving water on laundry day? Less clothes to wash! Although it does seem kind of strange when I'm folding the weeks worth of laundry and my kiddos laundry basket consists of 3 pairs of underwear and 4 pairs of jammies.
I love homeschooling!