Saturday, June 21, 2008

Awareness for WHOM?

June is National Potty Training Awareness Month


Like I am not aware.



Can I just say that it is not any easier the fifth time around? Can I just say that I am sick of being kicked in the stomach while changing a poopy 3 year old who doesn't want to be changed? Can I just say that he is SO cute wearing his "unders" and running around peeing in the weeds? Can I just say,



"Listen, Son. It is National Potty Training Awareness Month and so I would like you to be aware that you are 3, you can pull your pants up and down, you know perfectly well what to do and where to do it and preschool starts in the fall. So in honor of NPTA Month, I'd like you to be aware that mommy is tired of diapers and you need to do the whole big boy potty thing. Ok? For Mommy? Let's call it your summer homeschooling curriculum. So, from now on, in the daytime, you are wearing unders. Pee goes in the potty. Everyone pees in the potty. If your unders are wet, you'll have to take them off, put them in the wash and put on dry ones. Got it? I'm glad we had this little talk about this important subject. If you ever want to discuss any of this with Mommy, I'm here for you, ok? I love you and I'm so proud of you! Now, go out there and POTTY TRAIN!"

3 comments:

Recovering Noah said...

LOL. Can I borrow your speech and use it on Noah and Nandini? Especially Nandini - who knows better and refuses to get potty trained just to tick me off. Or better yet, can I send them to your place and they can get potty trained together with Sunshine. You can send them back once they've finished. :-)

sandwichinwi said...

Ho NO! I am NOT potty training any extra kids! Teach them to ride on two wheels, yes. Teach them to read...I can do it.

I will not potty traing one more child. LOL

Blessings,
Sandwich

maxhelcal said...

Oh the woes of potty training. I am doing 2 at one time right now. Bronte is 3 and pretty much trained now except for when she falls asleep and infrequent accidents. Nolan....he's 4 and let's just say, he isn't gonna be easy but then, he never is. He makes all accomplishments well earned. He has special circumstances but I am really pulling out my hair here. He is constantly taking off his pants or his diaper and has become the house streaker. Pray for me Sandwich!

ps~ Did you know that dogs will eat poop if they happen upon it on the floor? Major gross.