Monday, October 27, 2008

There's a Prayer Book, Too!

And I own it! Hot diggety!



I bought the three book package by the author, Sheri Rose Shepherd. I knew His Princess was the first book and I just planned to get to the others later, when I'd finished it. Saturday I needed something to read (and I don't generally care to just plow through devotional books cover to cover in one sitting) so I picked up this other book.



It goes along with the first one!



So here, belatedly, are some nuggets from the prayer book, called His Princess: Prayers to My King.



My King Who Chose Me "I need You to help me let go of who I think I am and become who YOU SAY I am."



My King, Help Me Find My Identity In You: "Give me the passion to bless people so that I will stop wasting my life trying to merely impress them. Lord help me care more about what you think than what others think."



and the devotion that goes along with this latter one: My Princess, You Don't Have to Fit In.... "I have a royal call on my life. I must remember I wear the crown of everlasting life, and through me, He will do abundantly more than I could ever dare to dream."



Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10 NIV



No comments: