Friday, November 21, 2008

File This Under: You'll Laugh About This Some Day!

For her kid birthday party, RoseBud wanted to go swimming. So off to the pool we went, RoseBud, two friends and Daisy, Pepper and Banana Boy.

The night was a blast! The 3 girls had fun. My 3 middles hung together and swam. Pepper right away decided she'd like to go down the water slide, so her sweet big sister RoseBud took her up and down the first time. Daisy and Banana Boy were too chicken until 30 minutes before we had to leave. Then, once they'd tried it, they LOVED it!

The kids are big enough now (Sunshine stayed home with Mr. GT) that they can go where ever, it's not such a big place that I can't see them, and there is free Wi-Fi! So my laptop and I lounged in a deck chair. What a great evening!

At 8:45, I took my 3 littles into the "hot pool" to warm up, then got them out and dried off and changed. The night had gone by like a dream. No outbursts from BB, everyone got to do what they wanted to do. Very fun.

So now the plan is for me to run Daisy, Pepper and BB home, while the big girls stay at the pool. I'll be back in a few minutes.

I'm collecting coats and goggles and towels and suits when I hear a familiar wailing noise. I look up, and here come BB across the deck AND HE'S SOAKING WET! Soaking. Wet. Shoes and all.

No one saw it happen, but apparently he went to tell the big girls they had to get out of the pool (they didn't) and he tipped over.

I'm thankful he got himself out right away and safely, considering he was fully clothed! He's a pretty good swimmer for 6.

But, boy, was he MAD at being wet through and through. I kissed the top of his head (it was dry) and sort of hugged him without getting myself too wet. Put his coat on and trudged him out to the van. I called ahead to Mr. GT to be ready at the door with a big towel! (and he was)

Poor BB. He did stop wailing by the time we got home and Mr. GT scooped him up in the towel.

When I got back to the pool, there were little frozen tracks all the way from the front door to where we had parked. It made me so sad.

No comments: