Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random Blessings Today

Banana Boy is riding his bike up and down the driveway. He is AMAZING! In less than a week he's a pro!

I had a little minor surgery this week and the next morning, Sunshine came chattering into my room. I vaguely heard him, but was mostly sleeping. After a few minutes, I heard Rose Bud come in and gently take him out AND shut the door! When I finally woke up a half hour later, she had done all the dishes and put them away, swept the kitchen and cleaned up breakfast AND started a load of laundry. Isn't she THOUGHTFUL??

Pepper is a kisser. I'm so thankful for my little kisser. Now, I am mostly a forehead kisser. I don't know why. I have nothing against lips. In fact, most of my extended family are lip-kissers, even uncles. Foreheads are just always right there at the right height when you are snuggling little ones, I guess.

But Pepper is a lip-kisser and a kiss is not a kiss to her until it is on the lips. I treasure those little 7-year old lips! LOVE those kisses!

Sunshine has the best sense of humor. When I put him down for his nap, I sing to him, "Tired Baby..." Well, every once in a while, I switch things up and sing "Tired Mommy." He'll be going along, loving his routine and he'll realize I've spoofed him and it cracks him up!

Tonight I was snuggling him to sleep and said something to him with a little tickle under his chin. He giggled so I tickled him again. More giggles. Then he tickled himself under the chin and cracked up! What a goof!

And Daisy. Daisy is my predictable, steady, always-sweet second born. She goes along with the flow no matter what and sometimes she gets taken for granted or taken advantage of.

She is CRAZY about her baby brother (today we were spelling in the car and had to spell "brother." Then I said "b-o-t-h-e-r" and they couldn't figure out what that was. After I told them, I asked them what if someone accidentally spelled "my little bother" by mistake. Being expert big sisters, they of course thought this was really funny!)

Anyway, Sunshine is crazy about her, too. In fact, if ever I discipline him, or even tell him "no" he runs right off to his "Deedee" for comfort. And sweetheart she is, she picks him up and pets him and sympathetically asks him, "Oh, did Mama say no to you? That's right, Sunshine can't ______" and he accepts it from her. She can get him to do absolutely anything!

And it is so totally justice for her after all the suffering she went through with Banana Boy. BB was just the same way with Rose Bud: he let her be his second mama. And he loved to play with Pepper. But Daisy was too young to mother (or boss, as he liked to think of it) him and too old to be fun to play with. He tormented her to no end, and was mean to her like he was to no one else. She cried endless tears of frustration and hurt that he didn't love her as much as she loved him. Things are better between them now, now that he is older.

And her baby brother, Sunshine, worships the ground she walks on.

But he can't stand Pepper! Guess I'll have to get her her own baby brother....

Blessings,
Sandwich

No comments: