Friday, April 4, 2008

On two wheels

Remember how I was saying I needed to get out and help Banana Boy with his bike? Well, after I posted the last message, we all went outside, me with wrench in hand, and we took off his training wheels.

I kid you not, I ran ONCE with him across the flat part of our driveway and then he said, "Mom! Let go! I want to try it!"

Three hours later, he was RIDING HIS BIKE DOWN THE HILL ON OUR DRIVEWAY, PEDDALING AND ALL!




Is this a boy thing? I mean, the girls caught on fairly fast, but I worked with each of them for about 2 weeks before they could solo.

The sweetest thing was the next morning when he called Grandma at 7:30 (AM!) and said, "Grandma! Did you know I'm on two wheels now!!!!"

He is SO proud of himself and I am so proud of him, too. What a champ!

Go, Banana Boy, Go!

Blessings,
Sandwich

No comments: